Salesforce allows designation of individuals in your organization as solution managers. Typically, these people are product experts and are particularly gifted with communication skills and knowledgeable about products. In Salesforce solutions application, the administrator assigns these people to the Solution Manager Profile section of the Salesforce program.
What Are Solutions For?
Solutions are used to identify and solve customer issues. With the Salesforce system, issues can be categorized and solutions for them can be identified quickly. This is done by looking into existing knowledge and providing answers to customer issues that had been previously attended to and resolved. This can help in increasing productivity and customer satisfaction.
How to Create and Manage Solutions through Salesforce
These are the steps to enable HTML Solutions via Salesforce:
- Go to the Quick Find box and enter Solution Settings.
- Select Solution Settings and then Enable HTML Solutions.
- Click the Save button.
Now, here are the steps to including a user to be a Solution Manager.
- Go to the quick Find box. Enter Users, and then select Users.
- Check the box next to a user you want to be included.
- From the Profile listing, check Solution Manager.
- Click Save. The user has successfully become a part of your Solution Manager team.
If tracking information on solutions is needed, but the information is not provided by Salesforce by default, you may have to customize your solution fields. Customization involves the following steps:
- Plan – Know what customization changes are needed.
- Create Custom Fields – Identify the additional information needed to track for creating solutions.
- Customize Standard Status – You may have to change the field values of a solution Status. Change as you may deem necessary.
- Create Validation Rules – This is where you check if the solution meets your standards. If it does, then users can proceed to save it.
- Track Field History – Here you identify which solution fields you need to track for the purpose of assessing the performance of your solutions.