With Salesforce, you have the option to create or modify multi-person events. This is used to track org-wide events. Here are the available features for this option:
- A user can view another user’s calendar to check the scheduled events. Depending on the set permissions, a user can also add events to that user’s calendar.
- You can see the calendars of multiple users in the multi-user calendar view.
Create and Share Public Calendars and Resources
- Click Setup, then in the Quick Find textbox, type in Public Calendars and Resources. Choose Public Calendars and Resources.
- In Public Calendars or Resources, click New.
- Enter a name for the calendar or resource.
- Tick Active checkbox, then click Save.
- Click Setup, then type in Sharing Settings in the Quick Find textbox. Choose Sharing Settings.
- In the Sharing Settings page, look for the list of the Organization-Wide Defaults. Click Edit.
- Click on the Calendar drop-down list and select a default security access setting. A user can change his or her calendar sharing settings so that other users can access it.
Modify Sharing Settings of Public Calendars or Resources
- Click Setup, then in the Quick Find textbox, type in Public Calendars and Resources. Choose Public Calendars and Resources then click on the Sharing option beside the calendar to be shared.
- Click Add, choose users, roles, or public groups and add to New Sharing.
- In the Calendar Access window, select the appropriate sharing level. If you want to give access to public calendars and resources, select the Entire Organization public group.
Create or Modify Events in Public Calendars and Resources
- Click on Home tab, then click on the Day View, the Week View, or the Month View icon just below the calendar.
- Click the Change option beside the Calendar located at the top.
- Choose Public Calendars and Resources, then select the public calendar you want to add an event to.
- Select Day View, then select the time.
- Select Week or Month View, then click on New beside the chosen day.