Salesforce allows its users to create combination charts for presenting several kinds of data together. If plotting multiple sets of data on one chart is what you need for your report, combination charts come in handy for you.
Learn how to create a combination chart properly in this tutorial article.
Why Use a Combination Chart?
Combination charts are useful to show the following values:
- Showing two types of charts in a single report
- Comparing values of two continuous summary values
- Showing multiple values from one axis range
What Can You Do With a Combination Chart?
Combination charts are more than just a single pie, bar, or line graph. You can overlay line graphs over bar graphs to show more relationships between your data.
Apart from that, here are other things you can do with combination charts:
- Adding a maximum of three more bars to your horizontal bar chart.
- Adding a maximum of three more columns to your vertical column chart.
- Adding a new line to an existing cumulative line chart.
Creating Combination Charts in Your Reports
Follow these simple steps to organize your report data into combination charts.
- Open your chosen report.
- Edit the report by clicking on the Customize
- Locate and click on the Add Chart button.
- Select your preferred chart type. You may choose among horizontal bars, vertical bars, lines, and pie graphs.
- Designate your Y-Axis and X-Axis by choosing from the drop-down menus, respectively.
- Since this is a combination chart, tick on the small Plot additional values box to add another graph to your report.
- On the Display field, select either Line or Column.
- On the Value field, choose the data you want the second graph chart to represent.
- If you’re using a line, you may tick on the Use second axis box so that a separate axis on the right side of your column chart will be used for the added line graph.
- If you’re using a column, you may now add up to three multiple columns for your existing graph.
- Now, switch to the Formatting tab to select your preferences for the chart’s title, text formatting, background color, data labels, chart size, positioning, and many other chart elements. As you select each value, you may preview how your chart looks on the right side of the screen.
- Click OK once you’re satisfied and done.
You have successfully created a new combination chart!
Summing It Up
Combination charts are useful for summarizing and presenting different kinds of related data. You can easily and quickly define values for a combination chart, as well as edit its formatting and presentation styles, using Salesforce Reports.