Linking data from outside sources to Salesforce is easier because of the OData Producer in Salesforce Connect. With this tool, users are allowed to access external data from their back offices which are not present inside their Salesforce platform orgs.
What is OData Producer?
OData Producer is a specialized service that lets Salesforce users view and use external data present in other data storage services. OData Producer uses a tool called OData 2.0 adapter to let Salesforce Connect link and map to external data from outside sources.
Benefits of OData Producer
Here’s a rundown of benefits that Salesforce users get by utilizing OData producer in their orgs:
- It’s easy to use and works well on Salesforce Connect.
- It brings information on demand to Salesforce users.
- It bridges the information gap brought about by using various types of data storage facilities.
- It allows users to access additional information they’ve stored in another program.
- It allows for an easy, efficient and effortless data exchange across various kinds of platforms.
- It makes stagnant information usable again by mapping them against data found in Salesforce or other systems.
- It lessens operating costs by increasing information flow and data analysis.
- It facilitates interoperability between Salesforce and other data systems.
Using Odata Producer in Salesforce
Remote data can now be efficiently retrieved and mapped on Salesforce through external objects. And OData Producers such as OData 2.0 adapter make this possible. Here’s how to use OData Producer for Salesforce:
- Use the Open Data Protocol Service Validation tool found on Odata’s site to validate the org’s Odata Producer. This will help identify any issue before using Odata in Salesforce.
- Salesforce users interact with remote data sources via external objects. Each interaction is converted into an OData query. This query includes filtering parameters that search for relevant results in the remote data source.
- An OData callout starts. Once it runs, Salesforce users are able to access external data from its direct source easily.
- OData Producers then send gzip-compressed data back and forth from Salesforce to the remote data source and vice-versa.