Creating your emails using HTML can become quite taxing. You’ll need to think of the appropriate code and tags to apply for formatting your text throughout the email’s entirety. Fortunately, Salesforce Pardot features a WYSIWYG Email Editor that makes email writing and editing easier.
What Is WYSIWYG Editor?
WYSIWYG stands for “What You See Is What You Get”. This means that the system shows the edited text almost exactly like how it would look like once finished editing. Edited texts on a WYSIWYG Editor closely resemble the finished email copy. Codes and tags need not be used. You simply highlight your text and click on editing buttons to format them as you see how your text looks like.
How to Use Email Editor
Email Editor is Pardot’s WYSIWYG email copy editor. To start using it, follow these steps:
- Click on the Marketing tab.
- Select Emails.
- Select New Email Template.
- Choose Add Email Template.
- Enter your preferred name, put tags, then select which Folder and Campaign your template will belong.
- You will now be asked to select the email type. To go to the WYSIWYG editor, choose the HTML and Text option. Do not tick the Start From a Layout box.
- Click Save.
The WYSIWYG editor now appears; you may start creating your email copy.
Menu Buttons in Email Editor
WYSIWYG editors often have menu buttons for editing text and graphics. These menu buttons are used in lieu of HTML codes to make email copy creation easier and faster.
Common menu buttons included in Pardot’s Email Editor include the following:
- Align Left, Center, Right, or Full
- Create ordered/unordered list
- Insert/Edit Hyperlink
- Insert/Edit Image – with options for adding Alternative Text, a message that shows whenever the image doesn’t load on the client’s email viewer
- Paragraph format
- Font/Font Size
- Insert Special Character
- Additional Formatting Options
Other useful menu buttons include:
- AddThis – a plus-shaped button that allows your email prospects to add the email contents on various social media platforms.
- Dynamic Content – a lightning-shaped button allowing you to add dynamic contents to the email copy
- Paste as Plain Text – Removes all formatting from your email text
- Paste from Word – Pastes content created from Microsoft Word. Pardot removes unnecessary code from the content as it is copied to Email Editor.
- Source – Lets you view the content’s equivalent source code
- Embed Media Content from Various Sites – Use this whenever you need to insert media on your email copy.
In a nutshell, email copy writing and editing is made easier using Pardot’s WYSIWYG Email Editor. Several editing features are available to help you in creating your emails. You’re now able to create engaging email content easily without any coding skills needed.