Computer Telephony Integration or CTI for short refers to the practice of integrating or connecting your phone system with an existing computer system. Performing this integration will enable your business to perform a wide range tasks that will benefit your services and increase your sales.
Benefits of Computer Telephony Integration
Integrating your traditional telephone system with a computer system will provide you the following technical benefits. These are additional features that will equip you with the following:
- Monitor and measure KPIs (key performance indicators). KPIs that you can monitor include dropped call percentages, first call resolution rate, and average handle time.
- It also enables your staff, especially the client facing personnel, to auto dial contacts. Since your telephony is already computerized, you don’t need to autodial on an actual phone – your agents can do that with a click of a button.
- Your Salesforce interface will include a soft phone dial pad. This means that you can incorporate VoIP (voice over internet protocol) into your system. Note that if you do not like to use VoIP, you can still use public switched telephone network (PTSN).
- This will allow your staff and agents to access customer information instantly. Screen pops will furnish your agents with the customer account details, caller information, call history, and open cases among others.
- It also makes quality assurance work and agent performance evaluations a lot easier. Calls can be logged and recorded as needed. You can even store all calls to check the level of compliance in each call.
- CTI also reduces the run around that customers get when they are trying to get to the right department to get their client issues resolved. It allows you identify incoming calls and route them to the right department. Calls may also be routed directly to the right person the client or caller is trying to get in touch with.